Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Youth Service Project / A very fun time! =)

Hey ya'll!! I am having so much fun creating this blog. Thanks for all the feed back! I enjoy hearing what everyone has to say about my posts.=)

Okay, so tonight we ( Austin, by big bro, and I) went to the youth service project.
It was GREAT! We got quite a bit of canned goods for Family Christian Development Center. And we also got some people to pray with us! So we were split into groups, my group was: Me, Bailey, Katie, Logan, and Jacob. I believe that's it. We went around town house to house asking for canned goods, then if or if not they gave us some we asked if they had any prayer requests. Some said yes, so and so has this or so and so has that. Then we asked if they would like us to pray. Right then and there. ( By the way, most of the time it was Bailey and I on one side of the road and the rest of them on the other side of the road.) We had two people that answered yes. And we prayed. And we also had one that said a prayer request, but didn't feel comfortable praying with us.
Then we went to Little Paws play ground and picked up trash. So we looked like weird people with white gloves and black trash bags!!!! =) I am sooooo glad I have such an awesome youth group to have so much fun with!!!
See ya'll later!!
~Brooklyn
-Jump first, fear later!
P.S. Ryan, I got that from you.
I loved it too much to resist
writing it on my blog! =)

2 comments:

  1. I love how much these kind of things excite you. Keep that fire lit, Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may certainly have (use) the "jump first" quote... it actually comes from a great man by the name of Mike Yaconelli. Without a doubt, he's had a huge impact on my life and I never even met the man.

    (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Yaconelli)

    ReplyDelete